Ayurveda means science of life. (Ayur – life, Veda – Science/Knowledge)
Ayurvedic Treatment is a traditional practice and also a more logical way of studying human health. It is a distinctive and beneficial method.
Ayurveda does not see the human body as a combination of organs wrapped in folds of skin, but as the nucleus of life.
While studying a patient’s condition, ayurvedists do not only consider the sick organs but also the person’s diet, habits, feelings and state of mind in totality.
1) Janu Basti (for knees)
- Helps calm pain. The warm oil poured over the knee joints, help them relax and effectively address joint pain.
- Helps dissipate stiffness.
- Increases circulation.
- Improves mobility and flexibility.
- Lowers inflammation.
- Strengthens knee joints.
2) Kati Basti (for lower back)
- Soothes pain in Lower Back & Limbs. The herbal oil used, penetrates deeply into the muscles and helps address pain in the lower back.
- Relieves Stiffness in Lower Back & Limbs.
- Strengthens Lower Back.
- Soothes Nerves.
- Enhances Blood Supply.
- Improves Movements.
3) Greeva basti (for neck)
- Helps relieve occasional neck pain and inflammation. Heals past injuries, inflammation and recurring neck pain, gently and effectively.
- Improves flexibility.
- Lubricates joints.
- Softens rigidity.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Helps heal compression fractures and frozen shoulders.
4) Shiro Vasti (for head)
- Prevents psychosomatic diseases.
- Promotes intellect.
- Balances the brain and skull.
- Alleviates pain as marma points are stimulated.
- Promotes sleep, calms the mind, and reduces anxiety and depression.
- Nourishes the roots of hair resulting in healthier texture.
5) Shirodhara (for head)
Shirodhara has proven to be very effective for psychic ailments and insomnia. It involves a steady flow of herbal oils/milk/buttermilk over the forehead.
6) Steam Bath
The main benefits of steam bath are:
- Improves circulation
- Skin health.
- Workout recovery
- Loosens stiff joints
- Reduces stress
- Opens up sinuses
- Burns calories.